:)

:)

Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Day!!

I was thirty years old the first time I went on a solo adventure. I say solo, but I was fortunate enough to have in my company one fine puggle named Poe. This is how my adventure story began......My trusty dog and I set out at the crack of noon on the first leg of what will hopefully be a long and splendidly eventful journey to the Eastern Coast of the United States! My first ever visit to the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean and the reportedly magnificent shores of the Carolinas.

Today...after much stalling, reorganizing, last-minute gps cord shopping, and clock watching...we finally set out. Poe is not typically a pleasant traveler; being prone to bouts of immense drooling followed promptly and persistantly by profuse vomitting. These symptoms seem only to subside with prolonged snuggling of his 35 plus pounds of loveable girth. This being the only fault I have yet found in my most loyal of friends, I sacrificed a comfortable ride and cradled his fat butt most of the way from Arkansas to the middle of Tennessee. We stopped for the evening to partake of the comfort of the least greasy hotel that a tightwad can afford and decided to ride out the storm that started following me somewhere back around Memphis. Thats all for tonight :) Tomorrow I reach the Great Smoky Mountains where I will attempt to erect a tent all by myself. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to better weather and Puggles who don't hurl! Here's to adventure! Here's to journeys! Here's to learning something new!

    ReplyDelete