:)

:)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 5



I'm back on track....almost. All I needed was a little nap and some salty sandy feet to put me right. I felt better the moment I left Hilton Head Island and their silly beach rules behind. I moronically attempted to hit another beach the next day and wasted another couple of hours playing the parking, getting change, paying, no dogs allowed game! I managed to sneak onto the beach and stay planted long enough to get a few pictures and let Poe hop around in the sea spray before a nice young girl told me to skeedaddle. That was my first time to touch the Atlantic Ocean! It was beautiful and worth the trouble!

The next leg of my trip was a short one. Folly Beach was a short hour and half drive and it promised a less commercial feel and a more dog friendly attitude. I was not let down. I have a one bedroom rental where I can feel at home if only for the next 3 days. This town feels more like your favorite pair of jeans. Worn out and comfy. The ones you reach for first.

5 comments:

  1. What a great shot of Poe-Boy scratching his back on the sand ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "Hello" in the sand. Did you write that, or did Poe scratch it out with his waggly tail??

    I hope you find all these comments.

    Isn't the ocean just magical?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need more pictures of RAINA!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, yeah, doesn't your camera have a self-timer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love reading your blog!!! makes us feel like we are there with you. Autumn has only had about 500,00 melt downs...less than i expected.

    ReplyDelete