:)

:)

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 1 1/2

Is it a sign that there was a back to back Goonies marathon on AMC my first night on the road? Am I reading too much into this? Am I too willing to let the programming of latenight television fortell the mood of my journey? When there's no harm in it, does it really matter? In the bleary moments not long before sleep, my eyes were uncrossed just enough to enjoy the glorious ending and the repeated beginning of that eighties cult classic. And I saw a glimpse of positivity and cheerfulness in myself and my current path. Nothing could go wrong, life is pretty good, and look at that...the cosmos have aligned so that this movie of all movies is on! I decided to allow my misplaced emphasis to stand and let myself rally in the feeling that this movie was playing on a continual loop just for me. This tiny inanity seemed all too appropriate and fitting for my youthful temperment after beginning my long-awaited, much-anticipated excursion to find a more youthful spirited self I put on the shelf sometime way back when. When? Anyway, I'm glad my sign-searching only goes so far. That I coincidentally was not at a skuzzy motel watcing AMC the next night when there was a Silence of the Lambs triple viewing. I'm blaming my continued good mood on this instance of happenstance or whatever name should be assigned. I take good vibes where i can get them. I think tomorrow I'll have a Baby Ruth and do the Truffle Shuffle just to stay in the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment